This was just one of many tweets recorded during the 4th Data Harvest+ festival last weekend. Almost 200 journalists and developers/coders gather from 27 countries to exchange best practices and experiences over 2.5 days.
It was inspiring to have over 70 workshops to choose from and consequently impossible to cover everything but the organisers, journalismfund.eu, have produced a Storify recap which is recommended as next best thing to having attended. Last link below is to the full programme which gives more insights.
My picks included:
- @Ombudsman Emily O’Reilly’s invite to journos: “use my office when being denied access to information by EU institutions” Speech
- Gavin Sheridan’s account of pursuing Freedom of Information requests on the Irish bail-out thestory.ie
- Friedrich Lindenberg’ s take on EU TED http://pudo.org/blog/2014/05/15/opented.html
- Tyson Evans from New York Times on design, technology and journalism
- http://openinterests.eu/ a searchable index of most EU interest groups and officials
- Covering the EU banking crisis http://www.vvoj.nl/2014/05/10/joris-luyendijk-at-dataharvest2014-blog-word-cloud-would-have-featured-idiot-and-naive/
If you wish to keep informed in advance of next year’s DH+ festival register at http://www.journalismfund.eu/user/login
Julian Oliver, 16 May 2014Julian Oliver